N.Y. REP. CHRIS LEE RESIGNS AFTER CRAIGSLIST PERSONALS SCANDAL

N.Y. REP. CHRIS LEE RESIGNS AFTER CRAIGSLIST PERSONALS SCANDAL: Republican Rep. Christopher Leeof NY abject his seat in the House on Wednesday after a report that Congress had tried to meet married woman on craigslist.

"It was a great honor to serve the people of Western New York," said a statement by Christopher Lee posted on his website. "I regret the hurt that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my voters. I am deeply and sincerely apologize to all. I made mistakes and I deeply committed to working as hard as I can to ask forgiveness. "

The statement told "the challenges we face in Western New York and across the country are too serious for me to allow this distraction to continue, and I am pleased to announce that I have resigned my seat in Congress effective immediately."

Just before 18 pm, an announcement read on the floor of the House told Christopher Lee had resigned from his post of 17 hours Wednesday and the number of members of the House dropped a 435 to 434.

Christopher Lee, who's conjoined and has single son, resigned after the site Gawker published a declaration point, it corresponds with a woman who posted a Craigslist ad had sent her a photo of shirtless itself.

The speed of the resignation of Christopher Lee said a culture of zero tolerance by House Republicans to conduct potentially controversial so soon later victorious control of the chamber for the first time since 2007.

Lee was elective to coition in 2008 in the 26th territory of New York State in the westerly piece of the state, which includes both suburban Buffalo and Rochester. He was reelected in the last election in November.
Share